Most of the non-technical users are not familiar with the process of how to clear their browsing cache when fixing the errors while browsing a website.
Let us discuss how you can clear the cache for all types of browsers
What is Browser Cache?
The logic is simple while fetching or browsing the website data from remote takes more time than reusing the same locally, this allows the browser to quickly display a webpage on your next visit.
It improves user to experience and make use of the internet faster.
Why and how you need to clear browsing cache?
While visiting a website on the popular browser stores the static content in the cache and when visiting for the next time the user unable to find out whether the content has changed or updated on the live website. You might lose the users visiting your website to see something new!
Let us see the process of how to clear browsing cache :
1. Refresh or Reload the page
This step is much faster and easier to do. Even though you have tried clicking on the refresh button on your browser will show you static content of the website. However, by using a keyboard shortcut for different browsers you can clear browser cache and download an updated version of the web page.
The following keys are for the different browsers to refresh a web page:
- 1. Google Chrome on Mac: Command + Shift + R
- 2. Google Chrome on Windows & Linux: CTRL + F5
- 3. Firefox on Mac: Command + Shift + R
- 4. Firefox on Windows & Linux: CTRL + F5
- 5. Safari: Command + Option + R
- 6. Opera on Mac: Command + Alt + R
- 7. Opera on Windows: Shift + F5
2. Clear Browser Cache in Google Chrome
- 1. Go to More tools > Clear Browsing Data
- 2. Switch to Basic settings and select all time ranges.
- 3. Below you can select the checkboxes based on your data to be cleared.Below you can select the checkboxes based on your data to be cleared.
- Click on the "Clear data" button and Google Chrome browser cache is cleared.
3. Clear Browser Cache in FireFox
- 1. Click on Hamburger menu to right corner of the browser
- 2. Go to Options > Privacy and security.
4. Clear Browser Cache in Internet Explorer
Nowadays no one uses internet explorer after introducing the Microsoft edge Browsers. But if you are still using the Internet Explorer you can have the same procedure
- 1. Go to settings >Privacy and security
- 2. Choose what to clear and check the boxes on the data to clear.
5. Clear Browser Cache in Opera
- 1. Go to Setting > Advance
- 2. Click on Privacy and Security in Advance settings.